A person with significant attraction and desire for both sexes, both sexually and romantically. (The desire for the two sexes is not necessarily equal.)
Being bi does NOT imply confusion, wanting/having more than one partner, or participation in wild sex orgies.
Short for bisexual
Emmet is bi; he recently broke up with his girlfriend Tori and is now has a boyfriend named Alex.
1. Someone who has attraction and desire, both sexually and romantically, exclusively or near-exclusively for the same sex, especially when that person is male (for a female, the term lesbian
may be used instead).
(A person with significant attraction and desire for both sexes is more often termed bi
; a person with attraction and desire exclusively or near-exclusively for the opposite sex is termed straight
2. A relationship or sexual act between two (or more) members of the same sex (even though the participants may identify as bi or even straight).
3. A derogatory synonym for “stupid” or “annoying” (use in this way is considered extremely offensive)
1. Michael is gay. He came out of the closet last month and is now dating Joe.
2. Evan is in a gay relationship with Marc, even though they both identify as bi.
3. Nathan punched Matt for saying “Science class is so gay” because he was offended by the derogatory use of the word.