(updated definition) After the2010 Election
, Republicans took control of the U.S. House of Representitives.
They then voted to elect John Boehner of Ohio as Speaker of the House for the 112th Congress.
It seems that the G.O.P.
plans to undo all the progress made during the 111th Congress!
John Boehner may well be the worst choice for Speaker of the House since Newt Gingrich
! His first priority is to repeal the Healthcare Reform passed in 2009!
Liberal Hippy Politics, is a concept that faded into history during the late 70s or early 80s after hitting its peak around 1972.
The hippy political movement was an anti-establishment force that was organized by anti-war college students. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was the first presidential candidate supported by the hippies and George McGovern was the last major hippy supported candidate in 1972.
During the 70s, the hippies grew up and became yuppies and supported moderate mainstream candidates like Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.
Liberal Hippy Politics was the driving force that lead to the end of the Viet Nam war.
On the day after Thanksgiving (a.k.a. Black Friday) all shopping areas are total chaos. Rather than fighting insane crowds to save a few dollars, the smart people stay home and avoid the malls on that Friday.
I hate holiday shopping crowds, so I honor Avoid the Mall Day and do my shopping on-line.
A U.S. Senator from Alaska. Murkowski was the incumbant in the 2010 election
, but she was defeated in the G.O.P.
primary by tea party
candidate Joe Miller.
After the primary she mounted a write-in campaign. After some dispute and a recount, Murkowski won re-election in the first sucessful write-in campaign in 50 years!
It was a glorious slap in the face for Sarah Palin
when Lisa Murkowski defeated her favored tea party candidate!
Elected Governor of Wisconsin in 2010 as part of the Corporate Jihad
. In early 2011, he showed the world that he and the Tea Party
are very anti-union and are out to destroy unions and all they have achieved. The money grubbing scum
obviously holds power over Scott Walker. He claims to be trying to balance the state budget (after his pro-rich/pro-business tax cuts) by cutting state labor costs. The unions and their supporters filled the capitol with demonstrators, which the heartless bastard ignored.
Scott Walker is an evil union-busting bastard like Adolf Hitler and Ronald Reagan.
Vast right wing conspiracy is a term first used by Hillary Clinton to describe the opposition movement, and their bullshit, during her husband Bill Clinton's presidency. This was a REAL problem. David Brock provides a look inside and confesses to being a part of it in his book "Blinded by the Right."
There were many people opposed to Clinton's progressive ideas and the right-wing segment of the population was trying hard to disrupt his agenda. (see White Water, travelgate, Monica Lewinsky, American Spectator) Luckily for Clinton, and America as a whole, he was able to accomplish many good things, like balancing the budget for the first time in 30 years!
Many people think that the conspiracy was just about the Clintons, but other democrats have faced it too.
Some examples: John Kerry 2004 swift boat veterans for truth
, the Obama birther
bullshit, the death panels
bullshit and all this Obama is socialist bullshit!
The vast right wing conspiracy is alive and well during the Obama Administration
. The G.O.P. is still spreading bullshit lies about where Obama was born, spreading lies to scare people away from Health Care reform, and trying to kill anything they consider "progressive."
A highly inappropriate term for the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts!
In December 2010 the tax cuts were set to expire. President Obama and the Congressional Democrats wanted to let the tax cuts for the richest 2% expire and extend the tax cuts for the other 98%. Also at this time, the federal unemployment payments were set to end. Congressional Republicans didnot want to extend the unemployment benefits because it was "too costly," so they held the long-term unemployed hostage until Democrats extended the tax cuts for the richest 2%!!!
Obviously, the Democrats went along for the sake of the unemployed and to keep the tax cuts for those that actualy needed them. Republicans showed their true colors (caring only for the rich) while the Democrats were again the ones showing fiscal resposibility
Some fucking idiot actually called the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts the Obama Tax Cuts!!! WTF?
Obama was opposed to extending the tax cuts for the rich!