1. Relatively large in size or number or extent; larger than others of its kind.
2. More than usual.
3. (used of persons) standing above others in character or attainment or reputation.
4. Of major significance or importance.
5. Remarkable or out of the ordinary in degree or magnitude or effect.
6. (informal) very good.
8. Marked by active interest and enthusiasm.
7. In an advanced stage of pregnancy.
1. A male sovereign; ruler of a kingdom.
2. A competitor who holds a preeminent position.
3. A very wealthy or powerful businessman.
4. One of the four playing cards in a deck bearing the picture of a king.
5. Weakest but most important chessman.
1. United States woman tennis player (born in 1943).
2. United States guitar player and singer of the blues (born in 1925).
3. United States Baptist minister and charismatic civil rights leader who campaigned against the segregation of Blacks (1929-1968).