Top definition
Subset of "human rights activists." Someone willing to take a slap in the face or worse for a joke or funny remark with minimal to zero regard to the political correctness and or offensive strength of said humor, as defined in "Declarations of the Overseers of Humor Rights," (DOH, Right), caretakers: the OneCent.US Group of Companies.

Note: "Humor Rights Activists" make up less than 1% of adult humans, not to be confused with "humor rights advocate" which is just someone who will laugh at anything over the top but deny it later, basically the other 99%, friggin' hypocrites.

DOH Right! is the self appointed and undisputed (actually, no one cares) worldwide standard setting body for humor advocacy on six of the seven world continents, its only area of non-jurisdiction on Earth is Antarctica, where it's so friggin' cold that it's damn near impossible to laugh at anything except what a twit you are for signing up to do ANYTHING there.

Otherwise? the following is an excerpt from the DOH Right! "F.E.I.T.C.T.A.J," (you figure out that acronym yourself, hint, the "J" stands for JOKE. If you can't figure it out? Read on not. You are not ready.) Safe Humor International Techniques (S.H.I.... oops..) chapter on evaluating a situation wherever you are on the globe based on your GPS coordinates as to whether or not telling a particular joke to a given audience demographic is likely to get you:

a) a free beer
b) slapped
c) killed
d) vilified in public, adored behind closed doors.
Lenny Bruce may have been the first widely known humor rights activist. George Carlin, some say, will never be matched, nor Richard Pryor. Today's stand up comics have it easy, though broadcast TV still hangs on the 7 words, but its final demise, any minute now PLEASE, please adjust for time zone, we're on the Right Coast, California long caved to sucking up to the wounded special interest groups that get idiotic laws against insulting anyone, and sure to pass to require Beano be served with any salad containing cucumbers or radishes, and fugeddaboudit if you let one slip in Church and some kid laughs, as that will be considered a form of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.) Repeat offenders will have to register when they move into an area and will not be permitted to leave the house without a cork.

Current Humor Rights Activists:

(American actors and comics) Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, (Irish comic) Ed Byrne, (NYC's) (viral video hottie) Lauren Francesca, (actor/producer/comedian) Walter Masterson, (veteran comedy writer, producer and spiritual healer) Jeffrey Gurian, (coppin' "stayles") Derek DeAngelis and just to show you we're not biased in the least, a lone stray from San Francisco, though he's really Panamanian, so there, Renaldo Manuel Ricketts (aka GOX), who is hard to categorize.

These people are all fine examples of one fundamental fact of the human condition, that being:

"You can get away with anything if you're funny enough." Now who said THAT?
by theMidnightTacoElf February 25, 2011
Get the mug
Get a humor rights activist mug for your fish Jerry.