Tajiks don't intermingle with Uzbeks!
In fact 95.96% Uzbeks don't like Tajiks and try to avoid them in all cost.
Even Tajiks from Bukhara and Samarkand are ashamed to admit they are Tajiks, instead they say they are Uzbeks, since Tajiks are perceived to be Gypsies in Uzbek mentality.
Don't do business with that Tajik, it'll bring bad luck
Country people have to look up when they here the name...
...independant since 1991 when the USSR broke up. Key towns include Tashkent (the capital), the fabled Samarkand (Samarqand) and Bukhara (Buxoro). Genghis Khan invaded the area and later it gave rise to it's own bloody thirsty conquerer and national hero Tarmerlane (Timur Lange).
Some tourists do go there, normally heading for Samarkand (Registan Square or 'Reggies Place', Bib Qanum Mosque, Ulug Beg's observatory), Bukhara (the 'Ark' fortress) and Khiva (or Xiva - one of the most complete medieval moslem towns in the world).
Mainly Sunni Moslem since the Arabs invaded before Genghis Khan and kicked out the Buddhists, Zoroastrians and Nestorian Christians. Some Russian Orthodox Christians still around. Generally peaceful these days apart from a few hardliner Commies and Islamists committing the odd misdeed. Maily Uzbeks, with a few Tajiks, Russians and a tiny number of Koreans (don't ask how they got there - last local reminant of Buddhism).
By the way, 'X' in Uzbek is 'Kh' and 'K' keeps getting replaced by 'Q' in their alphabet.
Uzbekistan - Uzbeki-where???
An ethnic group prodominately inhabiting modern day Tajikistan and Afghanistan. They're origins are unclear but they are some sort of mixture of Asiatic and Iranian races. They are closely related to their Iranian cousins, the afghans or also known as the Pashtuns. Their language is Dari, which is an archaic form of Persian. There are more Tajiks living in Afghanistan than in Tajikistan. They often intermingle with other ethnic groups such as the afghans/pashtuns or the Uzbeks.
Afghanistan has a 26% minority Tajik pop. Iran has a 3% Tajik minority. Tajikistan has a 99.9 % majority Tajik pop.
An Iranian Race prodominately inhabiting Afghanistan, and Northwestern Pakistan. The Language of the Pashtuns is Pashto whos origins can be traced back to Old Persian and other Iranian Tongues such as Palavi. Pashtuns(Afghans) like their Iranians cousins from across the border are ethnic Aryans(Iranian). They usually do not mix with non-aryan races in Afghanistan such as the Uzbeks and Hazara. However some Pashtuns are mixed with Greek and Macedonian blood, which give some Pashtuns their European characteristics. They are often competed with by the Tajiks(an ethnic minority, with significant representation in Afghan Government).
Pop. Of Pashtuns in Afghanistan: 56%, Pakistan: 22%, Iran: 6%
1. An ethnic group who form the ethnic majority in the modern-day Islamic Republic of Iran (they make up about 51% of the country's population). They are also found in significant numbers in the UK, India and Gulf States, such as the United Arab Emirates.
2. A language traditionally spoken as a first language by Persians (see definition 1) as well as by Tajiks and the Hazara people of Afghanistan. Also known as Farsi, Parsi and Dari.
3. Before 1935, Iran was known as "Persia". When there was a country called Persia, its adjective was "Persian" and its citizens (regardless of ethnicity) were known as "Persians". Some people still falsely use the word in this way, in relation to the Islamic Republic of Iran.
4. A domestic breed of cat, notable for its long fur.
5. World-renowned rugs and carpets, exported from Iran to the rest of the world.
The Persian Empire, under various guises, existed from 728BCE until 1187CE. For much of its existence, it dominated Central Asia and was hugely influential upon the Islamic World.
1. A Central Asian Country
2. An incredibly poor central Asian country
3. An incredibly poor and corrupt central Asian country
4. An incredibly poor, corrupt and dysfunctional central Asian country
5. An incredibly poor, corrupt, dysfunctional and CURSED central Asian country
6. Land of the Afghans: Although there is no such thing as an Afghan, they’re either Pastuns, Tajiks or whatever and the only thing they agree on is that they don’t like each other. Occasionally they’ll reach a consensus on topics such as repealing infidels and the difference between sex with goats, donkeys and Tea Boys
7. Afghans like to make reference to repealing previous invaders, Alexander the Great, the British, the Russians. Truth be told none of the invaders saw any merit in staying in the country long enough to impart their modern ways and principles on the land and people, so left at the first possible convenience leaving the locals to their own corrupt and dysfunctional devices.
8. CURSED: Yes Afghanistan is cursed. While blaming the infidel for all their (many) troubles, they fail to see that their own stupidity and greed has put them into the exact position they find themselves. Proof: Who overthrew the Shah in 1973? An Afghan. Whats happened non stop since said overthrow? War, war and more war… Cursed I tell you. CURSED
How fucked is Afghanistan? Just look at the news papers... there's your example!
A Middle Eastern country but its people will argue with you they're European, even though barely 5% of the country is in Europe. Turks have more in common with Asia than with Europe; for one, they are Muslim like the countries on its east side; and two, unlike the Slavic people from transcontinental Russia, the Turkic people (Tajiks, Uzbeks etc) are associated with central Asia than Europe. They are very knife-happy people and are known to turn the weapon on their own relatives, just search for Yuksel Yesilova on YouTube.
Turks are known for their tyrannic behaviour, for example oppressing the native Kurds in the south-east region of the country for many decades and invading Cyprus in the '70s, which is currently disrupting the neutrality of the independent island and further integration into the European Union.
The only argument Turks can put forward for being European is that their country can qualify for the UEFA European Championship, well so can Israel and Azerbaijan and that doesn't make them European countries.
"Where are you going this summer?"
"hmmm... don't forget your body armour"