Canadian band on the Arts & Crafts label. They write catchy, well-constructed indie pop songs. Members are: Torquil Campbell, Chris Seligman, Evan Cranley, and Amy Millan.
If you like catchy, well-constructed indie pop songs, you should check out Stars, Broken Social Scene, and Metric.
Stars, as in '**' the asterix key, are commonly used when communicating through texts, msn messenger, yahoo messenger etc. They are used to depict an action. Can also be used to correct a spelling error.
RULES OF STAR USE:
1. Present tense must be used inbetween stars.
2. Whatever is written inbetween stars must represent an action.
3. When doing something involving the other person you're talking to, you can either refer to them as 'you', or use their name.
4. If you accidently leave out a star, when correcting you must not let a star be on its own because it will be lonely.
5. If you are going to use the stars twice in a row, only one star is needed inbetween the two phrases.
6. There are special rules of star use for the goodbye routine which is only done by superior and interesting people.
7. Finally, treat the stars well. They are very special and I love them.
Standard uses of stars:
*Waves at monitor*
'Doing aynthign today?'
Example of rule 4:
'*Offers Simon a sweet'
Example of rule 5:
'*Is now talking crap*shuts up*'
An example of rule 6 is unavailable due to the goodbye routine being sacred.
Special tactics And Rescue Squad
Resident Evil 2
S.T.A.R.S. - Special tactics And Rescue Squad
Represents police or undercover cops.Comes from the video Game Grand Theft Auto in which stars represent cops
Damn im out of breath me and David had about 5 stars chasing us.
What you see when you ski into a pole. Previously thought to have only been seen by cartoon characters.
Ursula: Ow... I saw stars when I skiied face first into that pole.
1. objects in the sky, that are very bright and last a very long time
2. people on the stage, that are not very bright and don't last very long at all.
3. a collective word for man's dreams and ideals. His hopes, and his illusion. His longing, and his smallness.
4. a word for pre-destination, Fate.
1. Alpha Centauri is our nearest star neighbor.
2. Madonna is a famous singer, who is a brilliant star
3. "Often I would climb up to the helideck. And lie there, gazing up at the stars of the Milky Way, and far away Galaxies. Across the Space fabric of Time, my small and groping Spirit would wrestle with the enormity -for me- of what I was doing out there. And I would ponder the equal enormity of my insignificance on the Cosmic Scale."
From: A Blip on the Radar "Starry, starry night".
4. It was written in the stars that he would be great.
The plural of star.
I'm a star!
So am I!