to behave in an ostentatiously skilled and assured way with the intention of impressing others
Stop showing off and do your job. (example of show off)
1. Someone that flaunts their money by paying people to do stupid things, such as eating an aluminum foil cheetos bag for $100
2. Specifically in high school, a student that offers exorbitant amounts of money for other kids to do his/her homework, when a smaller amount would work
3. Someone who routinely takes friends out to steakhouses for lunch or dinner and proceeds to pay for everyone.
4. Someone who makes fun of others solely because they are not as wealthy
5. Someone whose main insult line is "i can buy and sell 100 of you"
Great Neck South used to have an infmaous show off, but his days of bribing, flaunting, and scheming are over