1. a stone
2. a piece of crack cocaine that is smoked
3. AKA "rock'n'roll
". It's the ultimate form of musical expression. It's roots are in American, British and Irish folk, country and western (the classic stuff - NOT that poofy crap of today), jazz, blues, bluegrass and other sources. Pioneered by Ike Turner
, Johnny Cash
, Chuck Berry
, Little Richard
, Jerry Lee Lewis
, King Elvis
, Bill Haley + the Comets, the Beach Boys
and many more. Expanded, further defined and influenced even more by British
bands like the Beatles
, Rolling Stones
and the Kinks
bands like Kraftwerk
. Now rock music is listened to any performed by people in every nation. It's an American
cultural phenominae that has shaped the world.
4. to be cool. To rule, to be bad.
5. In the U.S. Navy
this word is jargon for flunking an academic test.
1. Billy threw a rock at a glass house. Next came the sound of glass shattering.
2. When the cops came in the apartment to make their dope bust Mikey put his crack pipe (with a rock in it) in the toilet bowl bottom hole. The police found it anyway and arrested Mikey.
3. Just gimme some of that rock'n'roll music. Any old way ya choose it.
4. The Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame is located in Cleveland
supposedly because the music got its name from a Cleveland slang term for sex
5. Rise up! Gather round! Rock this place to the ground.
6. at a Rush
concert someone behind me yelled, "GEDDY LEE, YEWWWW RAWHKK!". Because of the distance to the stage and the volume Geddy Lee and his Rush-mates Neil and Alex couldn't hear that, but they've been rocking for many years - they know.
7. Seaman Vincent: how did you do on the first Propulsion Engineering Basics test?
Seaman James: I aced it.
Seaman Vincent: Did you hear how Seaman Steve did? He ROCKED it!
8. that manufactured Britney/Xtina/NSYNC/teen pop garbage is NOT rock, it's a CROCK.
used to defeat scissors in a game
aha! my rock beat your scissors!
1: a form of cocaine
2: a basketall
3: a stone
4:a type of music
5: a fake ass wrestler
yo, pass that rock so i can shoot some hoops
Born in the south, evolved from blues. Pioneered by Chuck Berry, stolen by Elvis. Acheived perfection between '65 and '73. Died in the early 90's. The name is used to describe pop music marketed towards teenage males in modern times.
Nickleback is "modern" rock.
The beatles, the who, Led Zep, Hendrix, Berry etc. are REAL rock.
to use. to make do with. usually to great effect.
you don't need to make up the guest bed, we can rock the couch.
you rock that shirt pretty well.
1. (noun)Originally a form of black music as Jazz, Blues, etc. Adapted into white culture (*cough elvis stole it cough*)and tweeked to perfection. Has many different forms (emo, punk, metal, etc.) and is usually mistaken for satanic music. (you are a fucking retard if you think that)
2.(noun) Form of music with very deep lyrics and awesome guitar/bass riffs, bakced by drums. Lately it has been given a very bad name by people like Avril Livigne and other whiney folk who think just because they have a guitar in their hand and sing about how they broke their toe, went out with a sk8er boi, or lost their girlfriend five years ago make them fit to be in this genre. People like them are the reason 'rockers' are given suck a bad name.
3.(noun) Rocker-A person who enjoys rock. Is often mislabed, misunderstood, and picked on by illiterate morons who think our music sucks. Mean while they listen to music that all they talk about is "yo yo son nigger bitches and hoez madd bling bling" and have no personality of their own. Rockers are also called Punks. But labels are gay and should die. b)Often used to insult a person who enjoys rock music, some times followed by some idiot moaning "aahhhh rock onn duude"
Did you hear that new rock song witht he guy playing the guitar and singing about how sucky life is?<--it's a joke so shut up
Oohh you stupid rocker look at your green hair.<--based on stereotype
Term used when a guy is unsuccessful in seducing a girl. Also known as the opposite of wheels
Guy 1: Hey, you`re looking good today ;)
Girl 1: Fuck off
Guy 2: haha he just got rocked
Crack. Mixture of cocaine and baking soda. Final product is broken up into small cubes or "rocks" and smoked.
geocities.com/twentydollarock got yo rocks.
Y'all think you a gangsta like 20 DollA RocK
? Get you ass out there and hustle these rocks ya dumb muhfugga!