2. Where "one more time" actually means 57439204 more times.
3. The most accomplished, but least appreciated team in the whole school.
4. The only time it's legal for an elder to demand a group of kids to "finger correctly" and "blow harder".
5. When EVERYTHING is a sexual referance.
6. When your closest friends and boyfriend/girlfriend are in the band. And ONLY in the band.
7. The only place it's possible to be singing "The Wheels on the Bus" during a trip while a couple is doing inappropriate things under a blanket in the best seats.
8. When you can fall asleep even with the drumline hacking on the back of your headrest.
9. When you spend more time in the band room than in your own home, or anywhere else for that matter. In fact, you just go down there to hang out and get passes out of classes to "practice for districts."
10. The best thing anyone could possibly be a part of in the world. Period.
band person - "No.. I have band practice.. YAY!"
2. band director - "Alright let's reset that one more, guys!"
(many times later..)
"Alright guys, I mean it this time."
(more times later..)
"Okay seriously, we've got it for real this time.."
3. *school announcements*
"Last night our football team lost a game 0-693465. Good effort, team! We know you'll get them next week! Spanish Club is to meet in room 203 after school tonight. Oh, and not to mention our band had some kinda thing goin' on last night and won something or something.. Also, I have a hangnail.."
4. band director- "Alright everyone, I need you to really get those fingers moving and I need you to blow plenty hard!"
5. band director- "Stop messing around and get that thing in your mouth!"
band kids - *snicker, snicker*
6. band kid - "My bestfriends, boyfriend and I are all gonna go to Bobby's house tonight and watch last year's DCI Finals DVD! I can't wait!"
7. band kid - "I heard Suzy and Tommy were getting it on in the back of the bus while we were singing band songs."
8. drummer - *hackhackhackhackhackhack*
band kid - *undisturbed sleeping*
9. band kid - "Hey Mr. So&So, can I get a pass to go practice for districts?"
Mr So&So - "Sure Billy! Golly gee, you band kids are so responsible!"
(in the band room)
band kid - "WHO'S UP FOR SOME BAND VOLLEYBALL OVER THE GONG STAND?!"
10. band kids - "Marching band is AWESOME!"
At a football game, marching at halftime.
What about Saturday?
Practicing for Region Band.
Monday after school? Tuesday? Every other day of the school week?
Marching practice. Come on, you think I have another life or something?
2)The activity that consumes your summer.
3)Where all the hot guys are.
2. The class I live for.
3. The after-school activity you actually enjoy.
4. What you look forward to all year long, and you even love marching in the mud, the rain, and the blazing hot sun at band camp.
5. It taught me to appreciate the dirty things in life.
6. The late night bus rides where you play games, sing cheesy songs, and make out with your bus buddy (hey it's dark, and ALMOST no one can see).
7. Getting naked in front of everyone and loving it.
8. Your real family, that you love and also want to do things with.
9. It takes up all your free time and you love it.
10. Something to actually be proud of, since we work harder than the football team, probably win more awards, and we have more fun. Plus, it's one of the only sports that has boys and girls. You can never go wrong with that.
11. The feeling of belonging to something.
12. The BEST THING ON THE PLANET!!!
2. The best way to make friends freshmen year
3. a great place to learn music (no shit), marching (no shit part 2), balance, dynamics :-D , how to deal with others, leadership, reflexes, flexibility, and more and more stuff...
4. About the only thing in in a Band Kid's life
5. usually comes with a colorguard attatched... unless you don't have one, which was a good thing at one time but colorguardies are sweet and I'm glad my school has one again
6. A second home... I live in the band room half the year, the band is my extended family, my instructors are awesome, MM is amazing too
7. Where we learn to "March Like Gods" as Julio says
8. Where I learnded how to BS anything
9. and turn any innocent comment into a very dirty one
10. Hot guys... most, and then some ugly nice ones :-D
11. An experience everyone who loves music should have
2. I'd say 80% of my friends are in the band... very sad but i love it!!
3. She can walk instep with her friends down the hallway with a lunch tray on her head, and her eyes closed. She's humming and fingering the show while she's at it
4. I have no other life as you can tell
5. I love my guardies! You know who you are sweeties!!
6. "The band room is my home," said Laura
"... the band hallway is my patio... unless the janitor lady kicjs me out," said I.
7. Heehee ACC
8. Oh yeah, just do your facts paragraphs in Mr. Eiler's class on music... which he knows nothing about so you cant be wrong
9. I was doing the robot in class while the low brass was playing their groove in Magna
10. Colorguardies love band guys.. proven fact... and everyone loves drummers
11. My life is changed because of band and I'd like it no other way :-D
2. people playing music in the stands at a football game or dancing to it
3.the hardest workers in the world
4. a group including brass, percussion, woodwinds, and colorguard.
5. my life
2. the colorguard shimmied to wipe out, so the drummers were distracted.
3 those damn saturday 7 hour practices.
4. woodwinds are bad marchers, and percussion doesn't even dare to try
5 i have band practice 7 days a week.