2. Showing off, ostentatious, pretending to be above one's station in life, putting on airs.
2. Cindy Mae Lovett hasn't talked to any of her old friends since she started waitressing in that high-falutin' restaurant on Nob Hill.
1. Putting on airs. 2.living beyond one's means. 3. Fancy stuff. 4. Showy.
2. They're highfalutin now, but they'll be filing bankruptcy within six months.
3. I'm a simple guy. I don't need all that highfalutin stuff.
4. Sure, I can afford a Cadillac, but my old pick-up still runs fine. I'm not highfalutin.