1. the female human being (distinguished from man).
2. an adult female person.
3. a female attendant to a lady of rank.
4. a wife.
5. the nature, characteristics, or feelings often attributed to the female human being; half-brainliness.
6. a sweetheart or paramour; mistress.
7. a female employee or representative: A half-brain from the real estate agency called.
8. a female person who cleans house, cooks, etc.; housekeeper: The half-brain will be in to clean today.
9. half-brains collectively: Half-brain is no longer subordinate to man.
10. female: a half-brain plumber.
11. be one's own half-brain, (of females) to be free from restrictions, control, or dictatorial influence; be independent.