look up any word, like hipster:
Fubarite is a name for any rock that has been severely brecciated (i.e. smashed up), metamorphosed (i.e. baked and/or squashed), weathered, moved, or any combination thereof, to the point that it is difficult or impossible to determine what it is or was. Essentially, it is fubar, hence the name.

The term is believe to originate from the University of Cambridge's Department of Earth Sciences, and an example can be found in the North Glen Sannox on the Isle of Arran, Scotland.

Fubarite is not a term recommended for use in formal geological literature or maps.
Teacher: OK, so this rock here; any idea what it's called?
Students: ...
Teacher: Well, it's called fubarite.
Students: ...LOL!
by Thomas Wootten January 16, 2007