When the driver of a rear wheel drive vehicle decides to show off the torque of his engine by breaking the rear tires' traction with the ground and spinning them in place, by holding the brakes, usually for the purpose of making a large cloud of smoke. Also referred to as brakestand
and roastin' 'em
. This is also how drag vehicles on slicks gain additional traction, the burnout heats the tires up and this causes them to bite into the pavement harder. Users of street tires will not notice any major benefit, so this is useless to streetcars.
Another variant uses no brake application, it is done by drivers of less powerful RWD cars that would otherwise stall. Sometimes called a one-wheel peel, because only one wheel spins. Front wheel drive vehicles do this version because they are, um, FWD, and can't brakestand. This is typically called a peelout instead of a burnout, but some powerful muscle cars can successfully do a proper, smokey burnout while moving forward.
Vehicles with rims over 25" in diameter may not posess enough torque to burn out without breaking something. This means those of you with Donk'ed out vehicles need not apply. Rims with thin spokes and large diameters are too weak to take the stresses and their hubs may rip out. They may also bend and/or otherwise be damaged.
The only real legit time to do it on the street is if the vehicle is spinning out, and only to prevent the engine from taking damage when being spun backwards and to scrub off some speed, lessening the severity and chances of an impact.
Ricers have been known to attempt a 'brakestand' by using their parking brake to hold the car still. While this has the same effect, it isn't a true brakestand.
Man, that old truck ain't as shitty as I thought it was. Did you see that massive burnout it did? It's only got a six cylinder too...Damn, man.
Heh, that Ricer just attempted a burnout. Silly FWD.
I like this car. When you burn out, the smoke comes from the correct end of the car.
That burnout fails horribly. One wheel peels suck balls!
A high school or college student who does little else than cut classes and smoke weed
. Usually has long, straight hair and a proclivity toward heavy metal bands of the 70's and 80's. Can often be found in smoke-filled bathrooms and makeshift basement bars.
He used to be a jock
but now he's such a burnout!
the dude in high school who used to smoke way too much pot and eat way too much Taco Bell
And now they call him Governor!
Some one who smokes so much pot that they become constantly slow and dumb
God damnint Ben! Your such a burn out!!
1) Smoking the tires of one's car; either to heat up the tires for added stickiness, or to impress the MILF
s at the DQ in your swanky suburb.
2) They guy you used to see stoned and tripping in high school, every day, that 10 years later is sitting in his parent's basement playing Final Fantasy, every day.
1) I did such a smoky burnout in the Galaxie, I completely lost sight of that Ricer
sitting behind me!
2) Dude, I'm too stoned to work. Mom, can you make me a sandwich?
A state of emotional and physical exhaustion caused by a prolonged period of stress and frustration; an inevitable corporate condition characterized by frequent displays of unprofessional behavior, a blithe refusal to do any work, and most important, a distinct aura of not giving a shit.
As I was the only person working, my boss made me prepare a million cheese cakes, such a fuckin burnout.
what happens after you smoke weed, you become very tired and dont feel like doing anything besides melting into the couch and eating chips.
after that sesh
yesterday i was in burnout for like 3 hours, then i fell asleep.
1. long term physical and mental exhaustion associated with a task (usually monotonous/repetitive tasks or one's careers).
2. a person who has smoked so much marijuana that they appear slow, sluggish, and stupid.
3. the temporary unpleasant, sluggish feeling after the high from marijuana wears off.
1. Driving the bus the same route every day has burned me out.
2. John has smoked pot 4 times a day for 40 years, he's a real burn out.
3. Man, lets smoke again to get rid of the burn out.