SORRY I WROTE SO MUCH!!!!!!
The West Coast Prep is like the sterotypical east coast prep, with a twist. One major difference is that WCPreps aren't as 'racist' (you may say) than the ECPrep. There are black & white preps, and any other race (though the other races are kind of hard to find). WCPreps are known for being more relaxed about the whole race issue.
For fashion- WCPreps tend to be more vogue/celebrity with thier clothes and accessories. Theres more 'bling' found on the West Coast than the traditional ECPrep would have.
A true WEST COAST preppy is someone who:
Wears (yet isn't limited to)
Clothes: North Face, Juicy(Sweatsuits), Lacoste, Penguin, Le Tigre, Brooks Brothers, J. Crew, Seven for All Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, True Religion, Joe's, Rock & Republic.
Accessories: Any designer sunglass (Preferably Chanel, Dior), diamonds (not pearls), vintage jewelry, Chanel/LV handbags, LeSportsac , Totes(occasionally, during the summer).
**REMINDER** Just because you own some of these items, it doens't mean you are a 'prep'
WCPreps don't wear as much bright color as the east coast which is famous for their 'pink and lime green' for girls and 'blues and whites' for the guys. The WCPrep MUST own as much black, white,and (sometimes)grey as they can. This applies mostly to the NW corner (Seattle, Washington to be exact-thats where im from) but if you move down to CA, such as the famous Laguna & Newport beaches, you find more flip-flops, swimsuits, totes, sungalsses & definitely MORE COLOR.
WCPreps, like the ECPreps are always looking neat & pulled together- sorry to be sterotypical- usually they have the most money and drive the best cars. They are not to be confused with fashionistas or just any other popular kid. The WCPreps do occasionally shop mainstream, but are still 'higher class' and unique.
Though an unwritten rule, the WCPrep has to attend a private school (Lakeside, U Prep, Seattle Prep, SAAS), then attend IVY League schools, or international schools. This is a symbol of how well off the Prep is. They usually hang out with only each other (but some still accept others outside of their 'circle'), and have known each other for a long time (anywhere from 4 years to their whole life- but years varies on how cool/much money you have).
Preppies vacation anywhere in the world- many have houses on the islands of Hawaii, Mexico, Cabins in Canada, or Yachts in the Caribbean or Europe. Sometimes they also vacation to the East Coast, but usually only if they have family there. There aren't really any family histories at many of these places, but they are modern, hip, and perfect places to party.
(Excerpted from the 'preppy' definition from sayler)
"It is a common misconception that preppies are snobs. Many people view them as unapproachable, and as a result mislabel them. Preppies are not as rich as people may think they are, but they are often well off. They buy into classics rather than trends, and don't change their lifestyles with fads.
Preppies tend to have bizarre connections with other preppies they meet, always finding mutual friends/ family and people that run in the same circle."
WCPreps are just like ECPreps in this way (and i did take refrence of this before, if youre wondering why you think youre hearing the same thing over)
Although they seem perfect, perfection has to be set by a group of rules--
WEST COAST Preppies don't
(also excerpted from 'preppy' definition by sayler):
* Wear tight, skin exposing clothing (ie fitted Abercrombie sexual tshirts with tight flared jeans, but they can wear cute Abercrombie polos/jackets/sweatshirts, and jeans that aren't showing their butts)
* Limit themselves to mall shopping and chain stores, although they are allowed to shop at Nordstrom- a true NW company that supplies them with high fashion & accessories, as well as unique labels.**THE NORDSTROM RULE ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE IN SEATTLE, sorry kids, but we get all the nice stuff.
* Wear heavy makeup and endless hair products. The phrase "less is more" is a preppy creed. This applies to EVERY PREP.
* Glue purses to their arms, especially when going to school. Lip gloss and if need be, a wallet, are thrown into tote/Lesportsac bags along with books. (WCPreps are also allowed to carry backpacks- we tend to be smarter, but the purse rules applies
* NICE SHOES ARE A MUST!- Any designer shoes, pumps, and sneakers (no messy sneakers--- Chuck Taylors are definitely allowed, but Sketchers??? SO OUT!
* NO FAKE DESIGNER CLOTHES/BAGS/ANYTHING ELSE!!! You will be kicked out of the Prep class forever, and I know this sounds mean, but it is true.
* NO MYSPACE WHORES- Facebook is so much classier than myspace.
Other things that are the same between EC/WC Preps:
They play the same sports
Love each other the same (haha sorry i had to say that)
Other 'playthings' (boats, hobbies)
Now leaving you on that note...
Preps remember: You know they love us!!!
She lived the perfect West Coast Prep life.