There are many acronyms for 'RPG,' but I have listed the top four based on Google
1) role-playing game- a genre of game in which the player 'plays the role' of a character who can interact with the environment; role-playing games can also fall under other genres, such as adventure
; my personal favorites are Ratchet and Clank, Banjo Tooie, and Earthbound
2) report program generator- a high-level programming language who's main purpose is to create databases that make information easily available
3) rocket propelled grenade- kinda self explanatory; a grenade that is shot out of a rocket
4) random phrase generator- a database, hand-written or computerized, in which everyone chooses one number/letter from each column; that number/letter translates into a word or phrase
1) "Hey, i just got a new game yesterday; Ratchet and Clank for PS2."
"... What the fuck is that?"
"It's just about the coolest role-playing game ever."
"Dude, RPGs suck. They're gay
. Get a life."
"Well what do you play, Kingdom Hearts
? You get a life!"
2) "Damn, report program generator's a bitch. Took me fourteen fucking hours to make my first database."
. RPG is awesome for creating databases. Unless you're even more of a n00b than I thought, you'll get used to it soon."
3) "Fuckin' cheapass bastard shot a fuckin' rocket propelled grenade at my light tank."
"Stop complaining and get yourself some fucking RPGs."
4) "WTF?!? Dude, your RPG's broken. It says my profession will be 'pooping on firetrucks with large explosives in them.' WTF?!?"
"Uh... its called a random phrase generator because it's random. It's not supposed to make sense. You randomly got 'pooping on,' 'firetrucks with,' and 'large explosives in them' as your phrases."
Rocket Propelled Grenade, you roleplaying geeks.
If you're in a combat situation and someone yells "RPG!", you're not supposed to take out and roll your dice.
Short for "Role-Playing Game"; a game in which the player takes on the persona of a fictional character and has adventures with other characters in a world created by the Game-master, a sort of referee. Can be played with other people ("Face-to-Face" or "table-top"; also called "Pen-and-Paper"), or over the Internet ("Play-by-E-mail" or "Play-by-Post" games; this category also includes games played on IRC or via a chat site)
Not to be confused with computer RPGs, which are a different kettle of fish altogether.
I've been playing RPGs for the past ten years.
(1) Rocket Propelled Grenade. Used in combat situations.
(2) Role Playing Game (tabletop). Game in which the player takes on another personality to have fun.
(3) Role Playing Game (video game, turn based). A game that is frowned upon by fans of FPS
for it's strategical approach. More easily described as a "Playable Anime".
(4) Role Playing Game (video game, active battle). Fast paced, can appeal to even FPS
fans. I have personally proved this in 5 cases.
(1)The RPG should be used in military purposes only.
(2) Dungeons and Dragons is an RPG.
(3) Final Fantasy is also an RPG.
(4) Kingdom Hearts and Legend of Zelda are also RPG's.
RPG stands for Ruchnoy Protivotankovy Granatomyot
Translated, that means handheld anti-tank grenade.
The RPG does fire a rocket propelled grenade, but that isn't what the acronym stands for.
"Back when I was in army training, I learned how to blow up a tank with my RPG."
RPG does not actually stand for Rocket Propelled Grenade, the abbreviation actually comes from the Russian phrase for "hand-held anti-tank grenade-launcher": Ruchnoi Protivotankovye Granatamyot.
Incoming RPG! every one, get down!
Rocket Propelled Grenade. It can effectively destroy any light to medium (maybe) armored vehicles. It is used by many countries that bought the blue prints from the soviets during the cold war, same story as the AK47
Many RPGs are still in use by African and Muslim countries to this day.
It was the weapon that downed the Black Hawks in the Somalian incident during Clinton's mandate.
When talking weapons, and RPG is an explosive projectile weapon. The RPG can fire self-destructing or destruct-on-impact rounds. It is commonly called a "Rocket Propelled Grenade", but this is incorrect; it's a Russian Acronym for Ruchnoi Protivotankovye Granatamyot(Handheld anti-tank launcher)
The helicopter was shot at by two RPG rounds last night.