1) role-playing game- a genre of game in which the player 'plays the role' of a character who can interact with the environment; role-playing games can also fall under other genres, such as adventure or action; my personal favorites are Ratchet and Clank, Banjo Tooie, and Earthbound
2) report program generator- a high-level programming language who's main purpose is to create databases that make information easily available
3) rocket propelled grenade- kinda self explanatory; a grenade that is shot out of a rocket
4) random phrase generator- a database, hand-written or computerized, in which everyone chooses one number/letter from each column; that number/letter translates into a word or phrase
"... What the fuck is that?"
"It's just about the coolest role-playing game ever."
"Dude, RPGs suck. They're gay. Get a life."
"Well what do you play, Kingdom Hearts? You get a life!"
2) "Damn, report program generator's a bitch. Took me fourteen fucking hours to make my first database."
"Hahahahaha n00b. RPG is awesome for creating databases. Unless you're even more of a n00b than I thought, you'll get used to it soon."
3) "Fuckin' cheapass bastard shot a fuckin' rocket propelled grenade at my light tank."
"Stop complaining and get yourself some fucking RPGs."
4) "WTF?!? Dude, your RPG's broken. It says my profession will be 'pooping on firetrucks with large explosives in them.' WTF?!?"
"Uh... its called a random phrase generator because it's random. It's not supposed to make sense. You randomly got 'pooping on,' 'firetrucks with,' and 'large explosives in them' as your phrases."
Not to be confused with computer RPGs, which are a different kettle of fish altogether.
(2) Role Playing Game (tabletop). Game in which the player takes on another personality to have fun.
(3) Role Playing Game (video game, turn based). A game that is frowned upon by fans of FPS for it's strategical approach. More easily described as a "Playable Anime".
(4) Role Playing Game (video game, active battle). Fast paced, can appeal to even FPS fans. I have personally proved this in 5 cases.
(2) Dungeons and Dragons is an RPG.
(3) Final Fantasy is also an RPG.
(4) Kingdom Hearts and Legend of Zelda are also RPG's.
Translated, that means handheld anti-tank grenade.
The RPG does fire a rocket propelled grenade, but that isn't what the acronym stands for.
It was the weapon that downed the Black Hawks in the Somalian incident during Clinton's mandate.