Prison slang for a meal, cooked up by inmates in a sink with hot water, consisting of multiple foods from commissary to create something that tastes better and is more unique and filling than these items alone. Commissary foods are typically limited and simplistic easy-to-prepare foods or snack foods, so some creativity is needed.
Common foods used in a hook-up are:
- 'Soups' (Ramen Noodles)
- Cheese or Cheese-Based Dips (Jalapeno Dip, etc.)
- Mayonnaise Packets
- Chips or Ritz-type Crackers
- Preserved Meats (Summer Sausage, Sardines, Beef Jerky, Tuna Fish, etc.)
A molie is a version of a hook-up which is made from sweet foods only, rolled in a dough made from crushed up cookies and water.
1. "You goin' in on the hook-up tonight?"
2. "Go holla at ya cellie and see if he got some sardines or tuna for the hook-up."
3. "Throw in a honey bun on this snack hook-up."