Emo Kids' anthem...
Hawthorne Heights- Ohio is for Lovers
MCR's I'm Not Okay (I promise)
From the Emo Kid Song (which wouldn't be their anthem...)
...sulking and writing poetry are my favorite hobbies
i can't get through a hawthorne heights album w/o sobbing...
These are parts of the two songs that could be the emo kids' anthem.
Ohio is for Lovers-....Hey there,
I know it's hard to feel like I don't care at all. Where you are and how you feel.... How are you when I'm gone? And I can't make it on my own.Because my heart is in Ohio. So cut my wrists and black my eyes. (Cut my wrists and black my eyes) So I can fall asleep tonight, or die. Because you kill me. You know you do, you kill me well.You like it too, and I can tell.You never stop until my final breath is gone.
I'm Not Okay (I promise)-...What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems?(I'm not okay) I told you time and time again you sing the words but don't know what it means(I'm not okay)
Emo Kid: it's not about the clothes you wear, or how you act...it also has nothing to do w/ self-harm...(that's only from what the lyrics of "emo" bands say...but there is no real connection)...and ya some emos wear dark clothes...but it's mostly just becuz they might not care about how they look...or they want to look "scary" so others don't come up and talk to him/her. emo is a type of music NOT A TYPE OF PERSON... so stop labeling ppl!!! and if it is a type of person then they wouldn't care to make themselves fit this label..
1. weezer is not emo...even though they wear "Emo" glasses
2. the kid who shows his tears and cuts isn't emo
3. a person that ONLY shops at hot topic isn't emo
4. If you are willing to admit you're an "emo kid"...then you aren't
5. if you are "emo" to get attention...YOU ARE A TOTAL POSER!!
6. if you labelize ppl by calling them sk8rs, preps, goths, emo, scene...YOU ARE NOT "EMO"!!!