2 definitions by ohaijoe
1. A portmanteau of the words wiki and activism or slacktivism.
2. Collaborative and often decentralized activism via the internet.
3. A network of people, often strangers, using the internet to work together toward a common goal.
In defense of the anti-secrecy organization Wikileaks, groups of hackers such as Anonymous and Gnosis successfully carried out DoS attacks on websites that ousted Wikileaks from their servers. These decentralized but collaborative attacks were a grand act of wiktivism.
Many cycling advocates are turning to wiktivism to promote bicycle safety and awareness using Twitter and popular hashtags such as #whyweride and #bikenews (See @bikecommutenews)
by ohaijoe Dec 14, 2010 add a video
1. of, or pertaining to to bicycles, bikes, or cyclists.
3. having the characteristics of a bicycle, cyclist, or accessories related to either.
1. informal: bicycle, bike.
I rode to work today in my bikey shoes.
There should be a lot of bikey people at the party tonight.
Joe just got a new bikey, it's hot!
by ohaijoe Jun 10, 2010 add a video