1. A person or group of people who blame themselves, their group or their country for the problems and attitudes of other people, groups and/or other countries.
2. Someone or group that attempt to make others feel guilty about something they do, such as driving SUVs, traveling by executive jet, breeding puppies, repossessing homes, charging for health care, etc.
1. Environmental guiltists around the world are trying to impose their "green" philosophy on everyone.
2. Obama took the occasion of his trip to Mexico to blame America for all the gun violence there.
3. In 2002 Mother Jones says of their country that the 9/11 attacks were, "damnable yet understandable payback…rooted in America's own crimes of commission and omission."