One of two major political parties in the United States, often characterized by hypocrisy, hyperbole, and confrontation without offers of resolution.
Tend to believe in the value a federalist government which:
(1) controls and redistributes the product of it's citizens labor to the lazy and purposefully indigent, justified by the principal that a small percentage of those people are truly incapable of increasing their quality of life while failing to acknowledge that the majority achieve their lot by choice;
(2) Controls, surveils, and dictates morality to the citizens of the 50 independent states comprising the Union (see: reauthorization of the Patriot Act
(3) Assumes (incorrectly) all American citizens are evil and dispassionate by nature and therefore require a government to enforce a means of charity through excessive taxation, including one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world.
(4) Believes that failing public schools should be given more money so they can pay higher salaries to underperforming teachers while begrudging a parent who wants to send their kid to a better school so they may learn something other than the proper vein to use when shooting heroin.
(5) Cries for the end of prolonged conflict in distressed Muslim countries, unless they (democrats) start the war themselves.