1) To stealthily take a decent picture of someone/something while including oneself in the image for heightened coolness. 2) To secretly take a photo of an unsuspecting person in a stealthy manner. 3) To non-flash photograph a museum piece without permission. 4) To ask with a big smile for permission to photograph after the shot has been taken. 5) A method of photography perfected by Banzai Aphrodite in Athens.
1) I wanted my picture taken with every Greek god so when the guards weren't looking I was minging statues left and right.
2) That fired circus trainer kept hitting the baby elephant so I minged him for the evening news.
3) When Bo Diddley stopped for a cheeseburger I jumped over the counter and got a ming shot.
(1) A platonic friend, usually female, with an inspiring online personality; (2) a woman able to disseminate useful information to peers, students, and co-workers via social networks; (3) a person responsible for tweets which improve workflows, aesthetics, and skills among their followers; (4) an instructor at Twitterversity.
(1) Geesh I feel so lucky to have dissevered a small cadre of invaluable Twitter Muses, they have so improved my art I don't know where I would be without them; (2) My Twitter Muses have make me nervous -- I am so worried about disappointing them! (3) She just edited that film's Art of book, you better believe she's a Twitter Muse.
(1) a person who speaks of sex abstractly, in terms of moonbeams and sunsets, rather than pussy and cock; (2) someone who projects the misogynistic history of porn onto all erotic imagery; (3) a person incapable of celebrating the physical beauty of human bodies; (4) an unattractive person feigning sexual restraint, scholarly disinterest, and spiritual enlightenment in order to appear more soulful and attractive.
1) If that starry New Age Puritan sends me another photoshopped sunrise with a Rumi quote I'll burst into rainbows. "If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?" That goes for you too! (2) I thought she was a New Age Puritan so I tried seducing her with sunflowers and poetry, even adopting this mangy three-legged cat from animal rescue -- but as far as I can tell all she wants is sex because she refers to my kitten as "The Zombie" and encourages it to hunt nightingales; (3) That New Age Puritan would be terrified to know Rumi had erections. All the time. Horrible painful ones. (4) Whenever I see a solitary woman in an interesting setting I whip out my camera and try to find an angle - never know if you'll score an image that will take off among the New Age Puritans.
(1) Accelerated learning through contact with professionals via Twitter; (2) replacement of traditional brick and mortar academia with Twitter (3) close observation, active listening, and the occasional risk of sycophantic tweeting to 'working celebrities'; (4) use of Twitter to hone skills, polish aesthetics, and refine workflows by following experts in the real world (5) the hope that Twitter may disseminate concise enlightened perspectives more rapidly than formal education.
(1) Through Twitterversity I have learned more by following a handful of notable persons in my field -- for free -- than through years of formal training; (2) Twitterversity allowed me to change careers mid-life by contacting working professionals able to answer questions more effectively than any single teacher I could otherwise access; (3) Self-directed study at a Twitterversity I compiled of persons whose work I admire allowed me to jump ahead of my peers languishing at parochial academia.
Examples of Twitterversity tweets:
DP/30: It's the closest thing to the awesome guest Q&As that come through Pixar (have some #story juice on me!) #film
#ListenWhileUDraw: find Arkangel Shakespare Audio thru interlibrary loan; most important #storytelling suggestion I can make #amwriting #NaNoWriMo #writetip
WWF - Wild Amur tiger captured by camera trap for the first time in critical Chinese forest #Environ
Storyboarders! Just kicked off a new #NextFive exercise. #framegame v2 is the new funnest game ever!
Hoping cintiq is just having a nap and is not actually for real dead. Issue solved! Check the plugs. USB came free.