1 definition by Steve168762

Top Definition
A different (Read wrong) system of spelling the English language used by citizens of the United States who cannot be bothered to learn the correct spelling of simple words.

usually involves missing out letters, switching the order or just using the complete wrong word

closest comparison can be asking a small child to spell a word and making a dogs ears of it.
English spellings: Colour, Centre, Honour, Draught

American English spellings: Color, Center, Honor, Draft
by Steve168762 November 06, 2010
Free Daily Email

Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!

Emails are sent from daily@urbandictionary.com. We'll never spam you.