A person of predominantly post-pubescent age whom, through an idea of unconformity, decides to become a walking advertisement for HotTopic (unknowing that every other shoppa dresses and/or accessories the same way). Usually found in large herds or flocks, grazing on cheap cigarettes with the rest of their species/store-mates. Most shoppas can be identified by the following:
1. Black, baggy cargo pants which extend down past the foot. Pants usually include D-rings, excessive zippers, useless pockets, and randomly placed bright and colorful straps.
2. Usually is found wearing a shirt which shows idolization of bands such as "Korn", "Slipknot", "Marilyn Manson" or any other group associated with crappy music.
3. When dressed in all black (as most are), will be found with an irrelevantly large amount of jelly bracelets, usually looped using two separate ones. Also, chains and bondage straps may hang from pants.
4. Will appear with a dark, foreboding, kindergoth messenger bag with an insignia of "Invader Zim" or "The Nightmare Before Christmas" upon it.
5. Some shoppas abuse most decent shows/movies by placing unneeded pins, patches or other attached or pinned-up accessories (i.e. Nightmare before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, etc.)
6. Most shoppas refer to themselves as "gothic", when in actuality, a lifestyle such as it should be acknowledged and not expressed through reference. (Those who are actually in a scene usually don't call themselves it, since it will automatically make them sound as if they are a poseur)
Person #1: Hey, did you see that girl in all that HotTopic gear?
Person #2: Yeah man, she's such a shoppa!