1. An act of clemency by an authority (as a government) by which pardon is granted, esp. to a group of individuals.
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law
2. A general overlooking or pardon of past offences, by the ruling authority.
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
3. Punishing people for entering the US illegally.
- One confused and babbling President.
"Ya know I uh... I've heard all the 'rhetoric', ya know, you've heard it too, 'bout how this (immigration reform bill) is 'amnesty'... Am - amnesty means that YOU GOTTA PAY, ya know, a price for having bin here illegally... And this bill does that."
- George W. Bush, Washington D.C., June 26, 2007.
The Urban Dictionary Mug
One side has the word, one side has the definition. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Lotsa space for your liquids.
Buy the mug