1. A face-saving insult used by someone who is feeling inadequate. Basically accuses anyone who is better than them at anything of putting in effort. Doubles as an excuse for sucking by implying lack of effort on the speaker's part.
2. An insult blatantly misused by 13-year-old kiddies in online gaming who, ironically, try very hard to win themselves and take it too seriously when they lose.
3. Someone who tries too hard to fit in. Easy to spot online because of their constant use of trendy internet slang such as "fail", "cool story bro", and "tryhard".
4. An Urban Dictionary writer that submits overly-long definitions for pointless phrases trying to get recogniton.
1. Guy mopping the bathroom at Subway: "All those people from my high school that got into Princeton and MIT, they're just a bunch of fucking tryhards."
2. Kid that just got utterly humiliated in Starcraft 2: "w/e u fuckin tryhard hacker n00bz lol i pwn u next time k 1v1 me NOW!!!11"
3. That one douchebag that always brags about his 2500 Facebook friends: "o hai guys dat 1 nig hes a fuckin tryhard im all like yea i get blazed all the time and shit and i fuck bitches and got all these friends, then hes like dude i dont fucking care stop sending requests to me i dont know you, and i was all like o rly, cool story bro. yeah i fuckin pwned that fail loser tryhard. lol, shit man, im so cool. srsly, pay attention to me plz! guys? anyone?!"
4. See above.
A game that was anticipated for over a decade, but when it finally came out left most people wondering "we waited 12 years for THIS?" Not necessarily a bad title, just that the only good things about it are in the original Starcraft
Instead of a new game, it's more like a fan-made expansion pack. This is because the current generation of Blizzard
employees never worked on the original and lack the creativity of their predecessors. Instead, Blizzard hired obsessive nerds that eat, live, and breathe Starcraft to design the sequel so naturally they couldn't come up with anything except duplicating the original game.
Laid-back gamers who just want to be entertained complain about Starcraft 2 because it was too close to the original:
"Hey man have you played SC2 yet?"
"Yeah, I tried it out but it's the same freaking game I played a decade ago. Coulda saved 50 bucks by dusting off my Brood War CD, oh well."
Hardcore basement-dwelling nerds complain about Starcraft 2 for the exact opposite reason: "OMG HOW DARE THEY CHANGE ANY OF THE UNITS OR IMPROVE THE INTERFACE WHEN I SPENT THE LAST 12 YEARS OF MY LIFE PRACTICING HOW TO MAKE SCVs GO TO MINERALS AS SOON AS THEY SPAWN!!!11!"