"Jerusalem" is also a common chorus in some religious hymns. For instance, Billy rushed to come to choir practice and in the process he forgot to put on his belt. The choir was practicing that choral verse "Jerusalem! Jeh-ruh-sa-lem!" and Johnny was standing behind Billy and as Billy's pants were dropping Johnny was sing "Ya-loo-sen-em!".
1. a tune by the Beatles that is notorious for possibly being the first rock'n'roll hit that prominently features a non-Western instrument - in this case the sitar. The lyrics describe the evolution of an extra-marital affair that John had that was now over. Paul sang the words. The title phrase is a play on phonetics - the line "knowing she would" in the lyrics was considered to be too risque for radio so that phrase was replaced by "Norwegian Wood". If you ask me, that sounds even more "risque" or at least funny to me!
1. in my college class of "Art and Music of the Post-WWII Era" one day our professor played "Norwegian Wood" as an example of the Beatles' contribution to music and culture. She explained the meaning behind the lyrics and then asked us, "Does anybody know why it's called 'Norwegian Wood'?". I think "Norwegian girl, woody...", then I start laughing. She says, "I hear some giggling back there!"
2. Garry laid a young Norwegian waitress he met at a restaurant. The next morning he woke up with Norwegian Wood.
1. the host/mascot of a series of science textbooks that my school used for grades 6 - 10. He's an alien from another planet and he gives additional tips on the lab experiments that you perform.
2. nickname for Iggy Pop, the "Godfather of Punk".
1. in one experiment in the 8th grade we made a sort of bread by working with yeasts instead of baking. One question asked us to rate our bread:
Is it tasty,so-so, or "for the birds"? At the side of the page Iggy is seeing how awful his bread is: one bird is gagging, one is barfing it out, and another is hawking and ptooie!
Pretty bad shit, huh?
shake my butt, shake my butt, shake my butt in Butt Town!
Look at Iran. It calls itself an "Islamic Republic". It's a theocratic dictatorship where the ruling ayatollahs impose THEIR version of Islam on Iranians.
American ayatollahs are those who want to impose THEIR version of Christianity on all American people. They want to establish a totalitarian nation, a Christian Iran.
Up with Hope, Down with Dope sounds like a positive notion, but when the children grow up and have to face the problems and stresses of life where dumbasses are in unearned positions of power and they try to influence every aspect of our lives then some may lose hope. Then how do they try to cope and meet demands? You guessed it - DOPE!