When you go from a place relatively close to sea level to a place of higher altitude, your:
1. Hair will get a lighter shade (pubic included).
2. Have a few key moments that stand out as particularly AWESOME. (aka rad, bodacious, cat's meow, or ColoRADo)
"I came home from Colorado and my hair is way lighter, my skin is more tan, I can run a 4 minute mile, and drink 15 beers an hour!"
"Hiking out to (X) spot to hit those freshie stashes, eating ice cream, and getting high-altitude drunk and blacking out that night were my high-altitude highlights!"
Noun: Coming from a city or place relatively close to sea level to one of a higher altitude, you:
1. Need to consume less alcohol to get drunk
2. Drink the same amount as "usual" and are HAMMERED
3. Drink on top of a mountain and get progressively drunker as you decend the mountain (particularly at a high rate of speed, such as on skis or a snowboard).
4. Drinking on the roof of a sky-scraper. Baller.
Synonyms: hot-tub drunk; sauna drunk; desert drunk
1. "We stopped at the airport bar in Denver during our lay over and I fell off my bar stool after pounding one beer"
2. "Psh, I've only had like 4 shots. I haven't thrown up from drinking in YEARS! That shi... (HUAGHHHHhhphtppbl...)
3. "3 beers at the summit bar and I had a good buzz on, then I couldn't get my skiblades off at the bottom. Just walked to the bathroom with 'em on."
4. "It's going to be nice out, come up to my rooftop to get high-altitude drunk."