Brendan is a Hiberno-English derivative of the Irish name Bréanainn, a hibernicisation from the Brythonic "Brenhin" -King.citation needed
The anglicism has been re-hibernicised as Breandan. Another form is Brandon which is often used in English-speaking countries, but is far less superior. People with this name:
* Saint Brendan of Clonfert, an Irish monastic saint
o Saint Brendan's Irish Cream Liqueur
* Saint Brendan of Birr, Abbot of Birr in Co. Offaly, contemperaneous with the above.
* Brendan Adamson, an American composer
* Brendan Airways, parent company of USA 3000 Airlines.
* Brendan Baughn, a leader of a historic society
* Brendan Behan, an Irish writer
* Brendan Benson, a Detroit-area musician
* Brendan Bracken, a British cabinet member
* Brendan Fraser, a Canadian-American actor
* Brendan Gleeson, an Irish actor
* Brendan Haywood, a professional basketball player in the NBA
* Brendan Morrison, a professional Canadian ice hockey player
* Brendan Nelson, the Australian Defence Minister
* Brendan and the Secret of Kells, an animated feature film due for release in 2007
* Brendan Shanahan, a professional hockey player in the NHL
The extremely smart and good looking man's name is Brendan.