1. The need to be overly prepared at all times.
2. The condition of needing to be equiped with the most possible tools for the maximum number of undefined situations. This condition becomes dangerous when one suffers anxiety/panic when one does not possess the appropriate tool in a situation or must carry certain tools in fear of certain situations. See neurosis
3. Also attributed to objects or persons that have a superflous amount of functions but that are not overly good at any of them.
*Tools need not be material they may be personality attributes as well.
1. Mary Poppins must suffer from swiss-army knife syndrome; look at her handbag!
3. Inspector Gadget - the ultimate in the dysfunctional swiss-army knife syndrom personalities.