NB: Not to be confused with gandu or goonda.
1. Based mainly on South Indian/Dravidian origin, it represents a fat or corpulent person - proud owners of love handles and usually, double chins.
2. A bomb (Tamil, India)
Here comes 'gundu'.
(Here comes fatso!)
(A common tamil greeting - hey fatso!)
In North India (primarily in Hindi speaking areas) pappu is used as a nickname for
DEF. 1) a typically shy/inept male.
DEF. 2) someone who shows an uncanny level of innocence or introversion.
Recently, the definition has evolved to a more glorious connotations thanks to a popular Bollywood song 'Pappu can't dance sala' where the new dimensions attached are a departure from the conventional definition.
The new 'pappu' refers to
DEF. 3) an individual who is accomplished, well-off and able. A Renaissance Man of sorts.
NB: The song associates the following traits in 'Pappu': Muscular, Popular, Bachelor, Has a fast vehicle, Popular with the ladies, Light Blue Eyes, Looks Caucasian, Has a Rado Watch, Wears Gucci Perfume, A Star, Bound to become famous, Has an advanced degree (MBA), Holidays in France, Plays the guitar
However, in South India, 'pappu' is used to denote:
DEF. 4) a bland dish made of lentil mash
DEF. 5) an innocent/boring individual
DEF. 6) a young child
1) Yaar! Leh... Pappu aa gaya! (Dude! Here comes the shy guy!)
2) Yeh tho pappu hai! (He is naive!)
3) Yeh tho pappu hai! (He is the man!)
4) Pappu Hako. (Give me some lentil mash)
5) Ivan pappu aakum! (He is innocent!)
6) Pappu karskundu ba! (Bring the child!)
DEF. 1) The time period from 23:00 to 00:00.
DEF. 2) The last hour before a deadline.
DEF. 1) Manchester is never deserted; Not even during Cinderella Hour.
DEF. 2) My technical report is due and I've got 22 minutes until Cinderella Hour.