1) A goat headed "demon" so to speak. The Knights Templar, a crusading order established by Hughes de Paynes in Jerusalem after the First Crusade, were accused of worshipping it. The Inquisition found them of such worship, and hence they were burned by the hundreds at the stakes, and they were also tortured..
2) Baphomet also has his place among Thanks Giving Tradition. The horn, with great amounts of food pouring fourth, is actually the horn of Baphomet. Baphomet is a God of Fertility, not of anything demonic or evil. It's evil image was crafted by the Church.
3)Name of an evil entity or the devil according to Eliphas Levi, depicted in his book Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie, written in 1854.
1) Pope Clement and King Philippe of France had the Knights Templar put on trial for worshipping Baphomet.
2) Almost every Thanks Giving, you will see an image of Baphomet, his horn.
3) Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie depressed me because the writer did bad research on Baphomet.
3) Is it just me, or does Belisarius have seem to be the only one who actually knows something?
The Urban Dictionary Mug
One side has the word, one side has the definition. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Lotsa space for your liquids.
Buy the mug