As it is explained by Johnny Depp, who plays Donnie Brasco in the movie "Donnie Brasco"
"Forget about it" is like, if you agree with someone, you know, like "Raquel Welch is one great piece of ass, forget about it." But then, if you disagree, like "A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac? Forget about it!" you know? But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like minga those peppers, "forget about it." But it's also like saying "Go to hell!" too. Like, you know, like "Hey Paulie, you got a one inch pecker!" and Paulie says "Forget about it!" And then, sometimes it just means forget about it.
Italian American slang for the following:
1. It dosen't matter.
2. Fuck you.
3. No way.
4. As an enhancer to a previously stated predicate or clause.
5. You should drop the subject entirely before you end up at the bottom of the East River.
1. "what'll the cops think of this?"
2. "Yo Vinnie, did your sister say anything about me?"
3. "You think I could score wit Gina"
4. "Yo Tommy's mom has a nice ass, eh."
-"Oh my God, Fuhgetaboutit"
5. "Hey so, like, where's this stuff comin from, I'm just, like, you know, curious an stuff."
--"Hey Ernie, fuhgetaboutit huh."