-verb, ( -gated, -gating)
1. to delegate a task assigned to you, back to the person who assigned it.
2. to delegate a task assigned to you, over to someone else, usually a co-worker.
Basically, to deflect and redirect responsibility for a task or job.
Derived from the words 'boomerang' and 'delegate'. Can also be used as a noun, see example 3.
1. He emailed and asked if I could finish up database transfer, so I boomegated it back to him...
2. The boss delegated me with this task, which I am now boomegating over to you...
3. "Tossing to you... you can deflect to him but my boomegate blocker is up."
The Urban Dictionary Mug
One side has the word, one side has the definition. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Lotsa space for your liquids.
Buy the mug