1. SLANG: Elegant way of saying someone is a street hustler; someone who makes money selling illegal merchandise (or legal merchandise illegally) on the street or in an urban/ghetto area out of his residence or an illegal place of business (ex. warehouse, back of a grocery store, etc.).
2. PROPER: One who owns a business that caters to the city life, or owns a business located in a city. The term entrepreneur is more correctly reserved for one "seen as a business leader and innovator of new ideas or business processes."
1. Does John have a job, how does he pay for school?
Well he likes to think of himself as an urban entrepreneur, but he just sells weed to kids in the ghetto.
1. SLANG examples: one who: deals drugs, sells stolen electronics off the back of a truck, sells bootleg DVDs, selling items to people stuck in traffic, etc.
2. PROPER examples: street vendors in NYC, owner of a bike courier company, dog walker
The Urban Dictionary Mug
One side has the word, one side has the definition. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Lotsa space for your liquids.
Buy the mug