11 definitions by djc4
Militant organisation of Black Americans founded in Oakland, California in 1966 by Huey Newton and Bobby Seale. Called upon Blacks to arm themselves against their oppressors. At the same time, provided free breakfasts for children in ghetto areas, (financed by donations from local merchants and wealthy sympathisers), and opened schools and medical centres. Organisation waned as leaders fled USA after arrests on various charges, police shootings and in-house fighting.
The Black Panthers is a fascinating movement, so challenging and controversial to American culture.
by djC4 Jun 3, 2006 add a video
Relax, in Hungarian.
"Noogie, noogie, noogie," was screamed by the protestors when the cops exerted violent behavior while placing them under arrest.
by djC4 Jul 29, 2008 add a video
1. A highly respected elderly or middle-aged woman. 2. A respected woman having extensive experience in her field. 3. Elegant, well-educated, an heir or presence about them.
The lady who entered the room turned many heads towards her and they will remember her after she has left - not by name but by her being because she is a grande dame. Sophia Loren, Katherine Hepburn, actresses. Georgia O'Keefe, painter/artist. Queen Latifa, rap artist.
by djC4 Jun 3, 2006 add a video
1) the parts of the brain or the mind concerned with the reception and interpretation of sensory stimuli - the entire sensory apparatus
2) 80's gritty and haunted electronic track by Sheffield's Cabaret Voltaire. Ahead of their time and remain timeless. Video by Peter Care incorporates brilliant footage and angle work and the message conveyed is all about choice.
1) Without a properly functioning sensoria danger can be blindly mistaken for fun.
2) The 80s tracks 'sensoria' is to England is what GMF's 'the message' is to the US.
by djc4 Sep 18, 2008 add a video
1. A Portuguese word that roughly translates to "Let's experiment in the world of erotic experience in a dirty sort of way."
2. A dirty trick or shenanigan.
1. She walked past and I could see in her eyes she was a girl who liked to get down, dirty and nasty...sacanagem.
2. "Man, I trusted you and you lied to me. Sacanagem!"
by djc4 Dec 30, 2008 add a video
1) Baseball slang. A strategy based on teamwork and good execution. Keeps the ball infield using walks, base hits, stolen bases and bunts.
2)term used in American politics to utiltize a means to an end through evil practices.
The migration of sport to politics is in the 'inside' depicted as a hall of mirrors. By providing info 'from the inside' results in overconfidence leaving the informants in fact clueless about what actually happens in the game or simply, bullshit baffles brains.
1) The Baltimore Chop - where a batter swings downward on the ball resulting in a skyward rebound, allowing the batter to reach first base safely before the opposing team has a chance to make a play.
2) When McCain challenged Obama's committee work in the Senate, Obama brushed it off with "that's Senate inside baseball."
by djc4 Oct 20, 2008 add a video
You are smart. Brilliant in fact. And while it's a blessing, it's also a curse. Your head is filled with everything - grand ideas, insufferable worries, and a good deal of angst.
You're uniquely brilliant - and completely misunderstood.
Not like you really want anyone to understand you anyway. You're pretty happy being an island.
Shakespeare, Van Gough , Michaelangelo and Mozart have varying degress of genius.
Rock stars, poets, painters and artists are current pop culture tortured geniuses. The genius of geniuses managed to keep the wolf from the door.
by djc4 Sep 20, 2009 add a video