New Jersey IS the richest state by median household income and Connecticut is fourth, behind NJ, Maryland and Hawaii. This information is according to the US Census Bureau 2005/06, which is comparably a more updated and official source than U.S. News and World Report 2003. It is amazing how uneducated YOU ARE to so adamantly trash talk a state that you have obviously never lived in. In addition I think it is rather ironic to your statement that New Jersey has the best public education program in the nation.
I was born and raised in New Jersey and lived all over the state. For the past three years I have lived in Connecticut, living in Trumbull, Fairfield, and now Bridgeport (in the Black Rock area) during that time. Connecticut is a nice state but it is quite boring overall in comparison to New Jersey and falls short of Jersey's greatness.
- New Jersey borders New York City and Philadelphia where Connecticut is annoyingly far from NYC and Boston. It drives me nuts when people in Fairfield County especially, front like they are from the City. You can't actually SEE the skyline from your town, no matter where you are in CT.
- New Jersey has a world famous stretch of shore line (and for those who don't know Seaside Heights is only one dirty square mile of the shore) and Connecticut has the polluted LI Sound that has no waves (that makes surfing pretty hard huh).
- In Connecticut you cannot buy alcohol on Sundays and every other day liquor stores shut down at 9 PM! If you're from Jersey you know that when when the liquor stores close at 10 you go to the bars that double as liquor stores, something that CT does not do.
- Unless you're in New Haven (probably the coolest city in CT in my opinion) Connecticut pizza is garbage! North Jersey pizza is real NY pizza and South Jersey pizza is Philly. I don't eat pizza unless I'm in New Haven or I'm visiting family in Jersey or the City.
- Connecticut's music scene is inferior in comparison to NJ's as well. Probably the best band to come out of the state is Hatebreed!
- Connecticut has no major sport teams (RIP Hartford Whalers), they only have UCONN. Jersey has the Giants (super champs) and the Jets (who suck), the Nets, and the Devils (best team in the NHL). Not too mention the Yanks and Mets if you're in North Jersey and all the Philly Teams down south. In Jersey it doesnt take a two hour train ride to get to the Bronx!
- On a side note, Bridgeport is NOT a scary place, shits weak. Try Camden, Newark, Jersey City, etc. And CT's greenery is weak too. I could really go on forever, and I would never feel the need to prove a point if authors like "Jeffrey Fortenberry" weren't so ignorantly offensive.
... I'm sorry if I offended anyone but people are ignorant. I like living in Connecticut sometimes, but it's no comparison to New Jersey. Seriously unless you are driving past Newark on the Jersey Pike (which looks and smells like shit for 5 miles), Jersey does not smell! NJ is the Garden State for a reason! Even our produce is better than CT's, especially our Tomatoes! That's all I have to say for now, I'm rambling.
jersey head: Yo I've been at the surf comp all day in Belmar all day and I haven't eaten yet, I'm gonna hit up White Castle and cop a 10 sac on the way up to Hoboken, I'm meetin some kids at Washington St we're taking the shuttle at 8:30 open bar starts at 9 at McFaddens tonight. Be there its gonna be sick.
connecticut head: Word-up could you pick me up some booze I dont have time, I gotta leave my house in woods at 5 to catch the 5:45 and then I gotta transfer when I get to grand central and catch the 8:45, I'll call you when I'm in times square.
jersey head: word-up I hope that doesnt run you too much, our shuttle is $4 round trip, open bar is 30.