/ˈɑŋkɔr, -koʊr, ˈɑn-/
interjection, noun, verb, -cored, -cor⋅ing.
1. kill yourself; just do it (used to tell someone to kill themselves, usually when they have been talking about it without following through).
2. a demand for someone to end their life, or less frequently, a demand for them to continue self-harm.
3. the performance or follow-through in response to such a demand.
4. any performance of suicide.
–verb (used with object)
5. to call for a person to kill themselves.
6. to call for an encore from (a person).
1. Some say it manifested from Kurt Cobain's suicide: his struggle with manic depression and eventual suicide being his final performance, or 'encore'.
2. Others claim the term derived from G.G. Allin's perpetual promise to commit suicide on stage, i.e. his greatest 'encore'.
1. "Just do it cunt--ENCORE!!"
1. "All the kids at school want me to encore."
2. "My friend died after he encored."
3. "Fuck you Mum, I'm going to encore."
4. "Nick Cave talks about it a lot, but he never does encore."
1. "Why don't you just encore?"
2. "I hope that cunt is at home encoring."