An intense fear of balloons. Usually Latex balloons but can be metallic.
Clown: Hi little one do you want a balloon?
The clown shows a balloon and the kid runs away.
Man: I hate balloons. I run away screaming everytime I see one.
Man: Oh I have Globophobia.
noun (pl. -s)
1. A person who uses proper grammar at all times, esp. online in emails, chatrooms, instant messages and webboard posts; a proponent of grammatical correctness. Often one who spells correctly as well.
2. a – A person who believes proper grammar (and spelling) should be used by everyone whenever possible. b – One who attempts to persuade or force others to use proper grammar and spelling. c – One who uses proper grammar and spelling to subtly mock or deride those who do not; an exhibitor of grammatical superiority. d – One who advocates linguistic clarity; an opponent of 1337-speak. e – One who corrects others' grammar; the spelling police.
3. A nickname, pseudonym or handle for a well-known grammar nazi (defs. 1 and 2) within a particular social circle, used to show either great respect or great contempt for his or her abilities.
4. To correct the grammar of (a person's speech, a piece of writing, etc.); to edit for grammar and spelling; to proofread.
1. A Grammado knows the difference between "there," "their" and "they're."
2. Teh Grammado nazis haev invadd r formu.
3. Grammado help me with my English homework please.
4. He totally grammadoed my article, replacing pronouns and rewriting clauses.