1. the Messiah, the Son of God. Actually the word "Christ" is a title, it comes from the ancient Greek word "Christos" which means "Savior", "Redeemer" or "Messiah". At first He was referred to as "Jesus the Christ", later simply "Jesus Christ".
2. an excuse for politicians and corrupt self-appointed preachers to tug on people's faith, ignorance and heartstrings to get their votes, loyalty and money.
3. an exclamation used as an expletive when one is surprized, startled, or explosively angered. Harsher than "Holy shit!". Sometimes people place an "H" or a "fucking" between the 2 words in His name.
1. Jesus Christ is an important figure in various religions including Judaism, Islam, Bahaism, Sikhism, and of course Christianity.
2. Summer 2000:
Selected TV reporter: Mr. George W. Bush, who is your favorite philosopher?
George W. Bush: Uhhhhhh, Jesus Christ!
TV viewer #1: oooh, he's an true Christian man! He gets my vote!
TV viewer #2: Oh brother! He says this now after smearing John McCain
by saying his Vietnam War
ex-POW status made him too shell shock
ed and crazy to be President. Then he told more lies about McCain to get the GOP ticket.
Did Dubya say
"Jesus Christ" as an answer or an expletive? Does anybody have an idea?
3. TV evangelists and megachurch
swindlers are always stealing money from the sick and the old. Politicians love to start wars. All thses things and more are often in the name of Jesus Christ Almighty.
4. In my 11th grade English class, Kevin, a prankster who is dumber than a brick (like Dubya) placed a frog in the teacher's briefcase on her desk. She opened it up, jumped back and yelped, "Jesus Christ!". Kevin thought he was being cute.
5. It's become hip for some militant atheists to believe that Jesus Christ never existed. For somebody who doesn't exist He has made a tremendous impact on culture and history ; )
6. Jesus Christ died to take away your sins, not your mind.