1.The Bat-Man is one of the great characters of 20th century fiction and in particular to a Post-Industrial Mythological genre known as "Super-Hero's." He was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane in 1939. He exists as a complex figure shrouded in mystery and is a master of appearances and disappearances.
2.Bat-Man is a Jungian "Underworld Archetype" in that he lives in a cave and is closely tied to the concepts of wealth and secrets. Also, because the concept of Bat-Man was birthed in death and trauma at a very young age and was used to heal his shattered life and give it meaning and power.
3.Shamanism is also particular to The Bat-Man in that an animal visitation gave him the inspiration and means to follow the path that he had chosen for himself. Like a Shaman he wears a mask of this animal and also honors this animal spirit with a representation of it in every aspect of his crime fighting career.
4. The Bat-Man is also a symbol of Mastery and Will. Batman through his own personal drive perfected himself in every conceivable skill and martial art known to man from chemistry and criminology to esoteric martial arts and subtle forms of meditation/self-hypnosis. He has tempered his willpower into an unbreakable sword. As far as he is concerned he can do anything he can conceive of.
1. "Everyone knows that Batman (and Superman) are the twin pillars that made Superhero comics what they are today"
"All the years I've known The Bat-man he hasn't changed. So mysterious, so elusive."
2. "Trauma has made many people do strange things, even dress up like a giant bat."
"I was driven by the pain of my worst memory- the night a criminal stepped from the shadows and tore my world apart. It changed me forever..."
"The Bat-Man lives in a giant underground museum of Death and Technology."
3. "A bat! That's it! It's like an omen! I shall become a Bat!"
4. "To prepare myself for the battle I developed my mind. Mastering science and criminology. I pushed myself to the limits of human endurance. Training my body to physical perfection...."
"The Batman has no limits."
"Batman has a mind like no other"
"The Batman is the World's Greatest Detective."