Thesaurus for rant
Synonyms, antonyms, and related words for rant
(1) Word used to describe the act of whining excessively.
(2) Person who rides specifically in the middle of a front-seatting only car meant for 2 passengers or less.
(3) Modern-day servant; A person who performs tasks for another, usually degrading in status.
(4) Term used to exclaim hardship.
(1) "Stop bitching Todd!"
(2) "Can I ride bitch?"
(3) "Bring my friend and I some vodka bitch"
(4) *Peron tells story to other cellmate, depicting how they came to be there, cellmate says* "Ain't that a Bitch!"
to express discomfort and/or dissatisfaction
Most people are not happy when they complain.
How I felt when I saw only one definition for angry.
Angry is an emotion that highly contrasts and disagrees with the emotion, happy.
Someone feeling angry will usually have a lack of joy, a lack of judgement, a sense of inbred hate, and overall frustration.
The "image" of someone being angry is usually accompanied by violence, a frown, the furrowing of the eyebrows, and sometimes growling.
Angry is a synonym for mad.
Bruce Banner turns into The Hulk whenever he gets angry (mad).
A slang for the term Ventrilo, an internet chat program, that allows users to voice communicate over the internet.
hey dude, get on vent!
It begins as a feeling of slight frustration. Maybe you'll growl or let out a few careless "fucks". Can be caused by slight things, like spilling your drink on your clothes. It's more of an annoyance scratching the inside of your skull, not anger.
The next level can be characterized with more magnitude than the first "stage" I described. You'll curse and put on a hostile facial expression. People may begin to notice.
The third stage is a more intense, and unrestained version of phase two. You'll clench your fists and yell. Adrenaline often will begin pumping, depending on your situation.
The last stage is what people refer to as rage. You lose control of yourself. Anything that comes in your way will often become a victim of a punch. In this stage, the conscious mind does not exist and cannot stop you from making choices, eg fighting. The most amazing feeling about this is the unrelenting strength that you receive from the pumping adrenaline.
Anger is truly an amazing and destructive emotion, it brings us closer to our true primal roots.
Your anger is a gift
An extended explanation usually regarding a social injustice, corporate incompetence/arrogance, or technical folly. The argument is well formed, logical and rational but delivered with staggeringly quick pace and heightened emotion often leaving the ranter breathless and agitated.
Did you hear that, my mom totally went on a molly rant about her mp3 player not playing her songs due to crappy DRM!
To vent your frustration; either loudly or through the Internet. Most people prefer the Internet, like going to VentNation.com or related sites, or going bat s--t crazy and ranting in someone's face. Sports fans and TV personalities enjoy ranting the most, and so do girls amongst their friends.
Person 1: Why are you ranting?
Person 2: Because I'm unemployed. I don't have a girl. I hate my life! FML!
Person 1: I HATE THE PATRIOTS. TOM BRADY IS A NO GOOD PRETTY BOY AND BELICHICK IS A BELICHEAT.
Person 2: Stop ranting and calm down!
January 11, 2005 Urban Word of the Day
Short for weblog.
A meandering, blatantly uninteresting online diary that gives the author the illusion that people are interested in their stupid, pathetic life. Consists of such riveting entries as "homework sucks" and "I slept until noon today."
The act of posting to a weblog.
To party extremly hard: Excessive drinking, taking of pills, boozing or any combination of the three.
Not possible to remember the previous night...
Its Friday night, lets fucking RAGE!
1) n. any gathering of people centered around listening to and dancing to electronic music, as played by a set of live djs. Originated in 1989 in the UK as underground, often illegal gatherings in abandoned warehouses. Often characterized by the positive, psychedelic atmosphere, influnced often (but not always) by drugs and casual sex.
2) v. to dance in a style characteristic of dancers at raves, synonymous with fluid, liquid
1) There is this awesome rave tomorrow night in a warehouse downtown; all these famous djs will be playing
2) Some clubbers don't like it when I rave to hip-hop music ;-)