1. Used to express approval or agreement.
2. A response some bosses or executives expect after a question of status or quality of work
1st Person: I want you to clear out your desk.
2nd Person: Okie Dokie
1st Person: I need you to keep a record on those orders, and make sure to include the weekly gross.
2nd Person: I will make sure to do that, sir.
1st Person: You got that? keep up with those orders and don't forget the weekly gross amounts, Okie Dokie?
2nd Person: Okie Dokie.
1st Person: Okie Dokie, I'll see you next week.
adverb or adjective. To express agreement in a cute, pleasant, disarmingly nice way.
Usually a simple way of diffusing an otherwise over tense situation.
See also: Okie Dokie okey dokey smokey okey doke
Boss: We need those documents going to our Hong Kong office TODAY!
Worker: Okee dokee.
adj 1: worthy of acceptance or satisfactory; "acceptable levels of radiation"; "performances varied from acceptable to good" ant: unacceptable
2: judged to be in conformity with approved usage; "acceptable English usage" syn: accepted
3: meeting requirements; "the step makes a satisfactory seat" syn: satisfactory
4: adequate for the purpose; "the water was acceptable for drinking"
Naveed got an acceptable on his audit and not a good.
getting permission for touching, kissing, or various sexual behaviors. consent culture
is becoming a wider spread movement especially within feminist settings. If one does not have consent for a said act, the act is often considered sexual assault
"Can I kiss you?"
"Would you like me to touch your thigh?"
are examples of people using consent
1) Affirmation; expression of understanding.
2) Not good and not bad; decent, fine.
3) Alternate way for one to say that he/she likes something that may be considered 'uncool' to like. By saying that it is 'OK', he/she in no way makes a strong commitment to hteir interest, as 'OK' usually comes with connotations of 'better than expected' and 'not good, not bad.'
4) Postal abbreviation for Oklahoma.
1) After being informed of his assignment, the director replied, "OK".
2) It looked like a nasty fall, but Ferdinand emerged OK.
Mike: Do you like that webpage? It seems like a nerdy site.
Tom: Ahh...It's OK.
4) I live in Oklahoma City, OK.
something said randomly by Lil' John in songs that feature him
Usher - "She had me feelin like she's ready to go"
Lil' John randomly in the background "OKAY"
Girl: I'm just going to go to the bathroom quick.
Boy: Okee dokee miskoekee.
Affirmative response, yes
wife: "Honey, will you do _____?"
husband: "Okey doke!"
1.)Int: a phrase used to define the state of okayness
September 07, 2004