A tinker, or member of the Irish travlelling community. See also the British pikey
. They live in caravans in random fields and leave the place generally in a mess. However there are some good travellers who are given a hard time and a bad name due to the bad ones.
See also the less polite term: knacker
"That's a traveller's camp", "Is he a traveller?"
A 'Jippo'is someone who lives in a caravan on other peoples land without permission.
You Jippo's get off my land before fucking make ya!
Incestuous, boxing, sovereign ring wearing, tracksuited shaven headed scumbags. Girls wear bellytops (Even if they're 15 stone), guys are small, jewelry and violence are rampant. Enjoy having children with sisters, looking at you with squinty eyes and scaring people. In many places refers to SCUMBAGS in general, and good travellers are not covered by the word - depening where you're from.
"C'mear yow, give oos a fooking Yaro boss or I'll fooking box ya" said the knacker.
1) The act of, relating to, or given to walking about;
2) Moving or traveling from place to place to freekin place;
3) Snooking around touching every damned thing around;
4) Cant sit still or settle down; and
5) Constantly, without rest, surveying, reconing, and otherwise annoying the hell out of everyone by any of the above actions.
1) Your two year old is is a damned peripatetic, he just cant sit still and is always ge'in into shit. Itinerant.
2) Billy Ho is the best peripatetic I know -- He is all up in the bitches: hitt'in them here -- Tapp'in that ass there....
From the English "turnpike", the place where itinerent travellers and thieves would camp near a settlement.
Pikey is not a racial group, the term is used to describe anyone who lives in a caravan or shares the same values and "culture" of "the travelling community", and whose main sources of income are as follows:
Stealing cars, flogging roses in pubs for "childrens' charities", nicking lead off roofs, burgling garden sheds, blagging entry to old peoples house to rob them, doing dodgy tarmac jobs ("we've got some black stuff left over from a job up the road"), sometimes with mint imperials used as a substitute for white chippings, or, reportedly, using snow to lay slabs on when the sand ran out, stealing your bollocks if they weren't in a bag and anything else that's not nailed down and anything that is nailed down but will fit in the back of an untaxed Transit when nobody's looking.
Characterised by lurchers on a string, a unintelligible language that "isn't English, it isn't Irish, it's just Pikey" (source: Film: Snatch), a penchant for harecoursing, ketamine, lighter fuel, fighting in pubs and shopping at Lidl.