"A man's man" has qualities other men admire; he is a man other men would like to be, a man who enjoys activities which require physical as well as mental strength and stamina; however, the definition is not stuck in some macho paralysis as the qualities that make a man are changing and being revamped from time to time. John Wayne may have a man's man at one time, but for this day and age, he would be seen as too conformist and black and white in his views. Independence, integrity, self-sufficiency, ground-breaking vision, brave physically and morally, and loyal to other men to an ocassional fault are relevant qualties of a man's man.
"A man's man" will stand up for another man rather than cave to some dishonest demands of a close female; a man's man would do what's best for another guy without taking undue advantage, evidencing a certain nobility; a man's man doesn't always grin and bear it as honesty about one's limitations defines the character of a man and engenders the trust of other men. He withstands the peer pressure of women and other men when it is falsely leveraged against him.
1. jovial or happy, good-spirited
2. a homosexual male or female
3. often used to describe something stupid or unfortunate. originating from homophobia. quite preferable among many teenage males in order to buff up their "masculinity"
1. "We'll have a gay old time."
2. "You DO know he's gay. Notice his homoerotic pornography collection."
3. "Man, these seats are gay. I can't even see what's going on!"
hippie; a relaxed yet stylish homosexual
who favors patchouli
, long hair, smoking herb, and long baths and has ideals of peace, love, compassion and human fellowship.
The gippie sat on his front porch enjoying a cup of tea while reading whitman.
a person whose sexual preference is members of the same sex. Male homosexuals are usually referred to as gays, and females as lesbians. Homosexuality is not a perversion or a disease, but merely an aspect of sexuality that has been around for thousands of years.
Why are so many people homophobic? Homosexuals are great! Men should like gays since they remove twice as many men and no women from the dating pool, and lesbians, since they apparently give them something to watch; vice versa for women. Not only that, but homosexuals by default don't add to the already grossly swollen human population...
A dope smoker that claims to feel "calmer and smarter" while smoking dope.
My stoner wife and her blown out friend smoked too much pot and are now discussing pre-colonial commerce. They are quite the intellectual stoners.
Hippie perfume ... smells like forest, pot and snuggling
This summer smelled like cigarettes and patchouli.
1. (n.) an impoverished, neglected, or otherwise disadvantaged residential area of a city, usually troubled by a disproportionately large amount of crime
2. (adj.) urban; of or relating to (inner) city life
3. (adj.) poor; of or relating to the poor life
4. (adj.) jury-rigged, improvised, or home-made (usually with extremely cheap or sub-standard components), yet still deserving of an odd sense of respect from ghetto dwellers and non-ghetto dwellers alike
1. John's paranoia about triple-checking whether or not he's locked his car doors comes from his growing up in the ghetto
2. "Why you always be talkin' ghetto? Get yo'self a propa' e-ju-ma-kay-shun, kid!"
3. Jane hid her head in embarrasment as her mom shamelessly committed the ghetto act of stuffing the restaurant's bread rolls, sugar packets, and silverware in her purse
4. "A TV Guide duct-taped to a 4 foot stick?! That's one hella ghetto 'mote control!"