Internet slang, short for "Oh, really?". Used in the following ways; often sarcastic:
1. In response to someone who has said/pointed out something very obvious
2. In response to someone who has insulted you or has aggressively disagreed with you
3. In response to a boring, nerdy comment you don't understand or care about (i.e. a peice of trivia)
4. In response to a comment that seems hard to believe or a lie
Occasionally some will respond to an "O rly?" comment with "ya rly" or "rly", but this is lame
and not recommended.
1. A: Dude! Did you see this? There's an eye on the pyramid on the back of all these dollar bills!
B: O rly?
2. A: You're a fucking loser, A Cinderella Story was a shitty movie.
B: O rly.
3. A: Yes, but did you all know that the word "catapult" is of Hungarian and French origin and roughly translates to blah blah blah......
B: o rly?
4. A: My aunt is friends with Lindsay Lohan's agent's sister, and she's said that Lindz is totally not a cokehead, so stfu
B: O RLY?