Thesaurus for Dingles
Synonyms, antonyms, and related words for Dingles
A town in Lancashire, NW England. Unfortunately has had some bad press recently, particularly about the large BNP presence/racial problems and social deprivation in the town.
The truth is that Burnley is OK as a place but has just suffered from economic recession over the last two decades and needs a large employer or perhaps a big happening culturally to help it out.
Sure, you get some absolute scumbags who will beat anything up that walks at night, but most of the people are good, honest, genuine Northerners. Oh, they are in the 21st century as well - all this bollocks about us "pointing at planes" (?) etc. is just a stereotype as inaccurate as saying "all turks are violent." I can't remember the last time I saw a whippet or flat cap in the town.
Can I add the number of BNP voters - scarcely over 4,000 at the last election - wouldn't even fill a stand at the ground of Burnley's rather good football club.
Sure, there are racists, but hardly any more than in other UK towns. Well, I hope so - that'll be put to the test over the next few years. But I'm keeping my chin up.
"No-one likes us..
No-one likes us..
We don't care..
We are Burnley
We are Burnley
From the North" (popular football chant)
Short for Dingle-Berry. Which is old shit and TP stuck to your ass hairs
Hill-trolls are folk who live in small cave-like huts in the yorkshire pennine hills. They are easily spotted by the way they drag their knuckles when they walk & the way they say "Burn-lah" & "Burn-err-lee" in their thick yorkshire accents.
People of lower intelligence who have been drinking from a smaller than average gene pool.
Best county in the UK by far. I aint ever gonna leave. Best accent n'all. Far less annoyin than dodgy southern accent.
I don't own a whippet.
A particularly annoying ogre like individual. Usually of short yet surprisingly Michelin-man like build. Their middle is almost always quite a bit larger than their other bodily sections. They usually go into strange trances while digesting a meal they're eated in almost two bites and they often embarrass the hell out of you if you take them anywhere.
Most hill-trolls do not like being referred to as such because they have come from the hills in hiding. Their people migrated long ago after exhausting the mountain goat population with their insatiable hunger. They've grown quite accustomed to eating pop-tarts and drinking exsessive amounts of alcohol. Often they become preoccupied with individuals that befriend them early in life and behave almost like stalkers.
Hill-trolls are extremely dangerous later in life and should be approached with caution, unless slabs of meat or large quantities of pop-tarts, wine coolers, or beer are at hand. The have an almost moth like attraction to gay men and when procreation occurs outside of captivity they produce adorable yet also dangerous 'puggle' like offspring.
<Boy> That bitch is a hill-troll. Look at her, she just ate a whole box of macaroni...
<Girl> Quiet, she'll hear you, you remember what happened last time you pissed her off. You pissed blood for a week!
A delinquent partial turd which grasps anal shrubery causing brownish crust to accumulate in ones boxers.
My wife tells me that I need to wipe my ass better because my dingleberries are making my underware a nasty mess, however I like the idea of her down in the basement doing laundry and cleaning up my foul nasty underware.
1. A large town in east Lancashire, UK.more...
2. The British multicultural "dream" gone horribly wrong. A roughly 80% white and 20% Asian (of the Pakistani-heritage, Muslim variety) town.. the two groups seem so distant from each other we might as well call it apartheid.
You have more chance of seeing Elvis than a white and Asian person having a conversation in the town centre.
Both groups can pander to the worst possible stereotypes you could imagine.
There is a race problem in the town, it's just people, whether the man in the street, or MP Jack Straw won't step up and admit to it.
3. One of the only towns that thought it a good idea to close down the main town centre nightclub, and then launch a new one on the top of... a multi-storey car park. Genius.
(The place where a close friend of mine was beaten up for the hideous crime of getting into the wrong taxi by some stupid, well.. walking abortions chavettes.. one of them had a child, I would put the poor kid into care myself...)
4. A town where a minority of fairly cool people, especially the younger generation, live, although those with sense often move away when they're old enough.
5. Every bad British 2000s ...
1. A small town football club 8 miles away from Blackburn Lancasire.
2. It has nothing to be famous for apart from living on its title of being Blackburn Rovers biggest?? rivals. 3. Nicknamed the dingles after the inbred family off Emmerdale.
4. The fans and club always hoping for Blackburn to be relegated fron the premiership as they will never be promoted and not get a chance to play them again, lets face it the cup draw is not going to happen to often. last time these teams were in the same league the score was a dissapointing 5-1 to the rovers.
5. Play in a poo coloured kit with a hint of blue.
That team near Blackburn!!
oh yes the dingles!!
A team I'm not particularly fond of, but they have a good manager and they fucking hate Burnley bastards, which makes them alright by me
I went to Ewood Park for the Blackburn v Burnley FA Cup replay and never have I experienced such a hostile atmosphere. Plus Burnley lost, which made it even better