Something Americans use to describe everything.
Oh wow it's just awesome
The best way to say something is neat-o, awesome, or swell. The phrase "cool" is very relaxed, never goes out of style, and people will never laugh at you for using it, very conveniant for people like me who don't care about what's "in."
Homestar is cool.
The Red Sox are cool.
Twinkies are cool.
A 19th century-ish term for what is basically a metrosexual
. A dandy
, if you will. Usually high-cultured, well-dressed, very social individual who enjoys fashion and parties and prissy things like that. Perfect personal hygiene. NOT always gay, though often so. Often cannot actually afford this expensive, high-class lifestyle but somehow tries to live it anyway.
"What is he doing wearing that $200 shirt when he can barely pay his rent? Fop!"
A very sarcastic way of saying NOT GOOD.
"Well, that was just f*cking GREAT!"
Something that is so wonderful, it is hard to find the words to match. Something that makes your heart beat faster or your heart melt. Something that tops everything else, and always crosses your mind.
Everything Alex is and does is amazing to me.
You might be "metrosexual" if:
1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase.
2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches and you carry a man-purse.
3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do highlights.
4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for breakfast... all from scratch.
5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.
6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.
7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck.
8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.
9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and vintage first.
10. Despite being flattered (even proud) that gay guys hit on you, you still find the thought of actually getting intimate with another man truly repulsive.
"Some people think he's gay, but he's actually metrosexual."
adj. Fantastic, great, wonderful, et.
Gee, wouldn't it be swell if Mike won the lottery?
1. jovial or happy, good-spirited
2. a homosexual male or female
3. often used to describe something stupid or unfortunate. originating from homophobia. quite preferable among many teenage males in order to buff up their "masculinity"
1. "We'll have a gay old time."
2. "You DO know he's gay. Notice his homoerotic pornography collection."
3. "Man, these seats are gay. I can't even see what's going on!"
someone or something so beautiful and perfect that you can't believe how lucky you are
wow. caleb really is wonderful!
The catchphrase of the Ninth Doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston
Rose...Before I go, I just wanna tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And d'you know what? So was I.