A person, business, corporation or political body who/whichpreys on the misfortune of others. These people/businesses/political parties often present themselves as charismatic, and commence engineering involvement with people, businesses, communities or nations at the early signs of their downfall.
The most obvious examples are:
* In laws (spouses or children) who suddenly become interested in there extended families affairs when it looks like death and inheritance is looming.
"They're inheritance vultures".
* Relatively desperate men or women who act as a support when they notice a relationship is on the rocks. They tend to offer biased support with hope of gaining a partner, mostly due to their lack of character, beauty or charm.
"He's a vulture, after his mates girlfriend cause he can't find his own".
* Loan sharks of all descriptions, but especially those who hang around Casinos with semi-Legitimate legal deeds/documents for extremely undervalued loans of cash for or houses, cars, jewelery etc...
"If you go to the casino, avoid the vultures in the car park, they'll take you for everything you own".
* Scammers,spammers and con-artists targeting middle class to poorer individuals. Combined internet/mobile messaging ones are the most recent mutation of these mutants.
"Social networking individuals fall victim to vulture scammers/spammers in hope of meeting someone (special?)"
* Unethical businesses/business people/government bodies who watch and often encourage the collapse of businesses for personal benefit.
"That corporation is being a vulture, they are fraudulently or unethically undermining their competitors business efforts pure greed, not survival"
* Corporations/Political bodies/ Governments who exploit developing nations poverty and misery.
"It is apparent that 'x' country has used supposed political concern and intervention in 'y' countries internal affairs in order to gain control for purposes of power, economic greed and domination".
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.