1. In Glasgow, a miniscule balcony on a high-rise tower block.
2. In the rest of the English-speaking world, including the rest of Scotland, a large raised patio overlooking a lawn.
1. "Dougie, quick it's raining. Take the washing in off the veranda."
2. "I think this calls for G-and-Ts on the veranda. Wouldn't you agree, Hamish?"
3. "Oh no, not again. I thought he'd already asked everyone in the company where they come from, and what they think 'veranda' means."
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.