v. to react
commonly used to bridge descriptions of a scenario and the evoked reaction.
Uniquely applied to precede:
1. non-verbal description,
2. dramatization, or
3. extreme use of slang.
Reserved for casual peer-peer discussion. Misuse in official or formal setting is suggestive of poor education or lower intelligence.
"he threw his dirty clothes at me" and I was like:
1. (non-verbal demonstrative) ex: speaker plugs nose, or expresses look of shock..
2. "there is no way in hell I'm doing your laundry Mister!"
3. "nu-uh.. no you ditin... uh-ah"
"she's a proper girl she's always got to be like:
1. (non-verbal demonstrative) ex: speaker tilts head back and to side slightly closing eyes
2. "we can't break a rule we'd go to hell"
3. "little miss priss" "somethin something"
addressing a police officer, judge, or doctor.
"you could hear his car pull up and then it'd be like:
1. (non-verbal demonstrative) speaker punches fist
2. "a war was going on inside"
3. "time to cut out"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.